Friday, June 12, 2009

After following many blogs, and learning so much from others, I wanted to join the blogging community.  I'm happy that I have stopped making excuses and finally decided to take action and start my own blog. I hope to share more recent art work (faster than I am able to update on my website), as well as  thoughts, and any recent news. And of course things that motivate me everyday and help me grow as an artist. I look forward to making this blog as interesting as the many that have inspired me. I guess I'll end this with a quote that always reminds me of the beauty and dedication that it takes to be an illustrator. I apologize for not knowing who to credit for this quote. I had it written down in my sketchbook without a name next to it, but I will find it and post at a later date.
"Being a professional illustrator is a full time job that goes beyond the mainstream 9-5; tough deadlines mean working through the night and reference photo shoots might whisk you away to unexpected places. Flashes of inspiration can happen anytime, so your sketchbook is an indispensable appendage. You might spend innumerable hours secluded in your studio, or perhaps you're a regular at the local coffee shop. Chances are, your work and your life are one and the same and you wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment