Wednesday, June 17, 2009

“You can dance anywhere, even if only in your heart. “



“You can dance anywhere, even if only in your heart. “ ~Author Unknown

The majority of the work in my portfolio contains “cartoon” like characters. While that is something that I enjoy doing, I also like drawing more realistic images. I like being able to practice drawing and accuracy in depicting something just as it exists in reality. In this drawing I show another subject matter that is a big passion of mine, which is ballroom dancing. I danced for a big part of my teenage years and it’s always been something I’ve loved. I guess it all ties into a love for everything artistic. There’s nothing like being able to move to a great piece of music. And since I haven’t been able to get back into dancing just yet, I feel that drawing dancers brings me a little closer to that dream.


“To watch us dance is to hear our hearts speak.” ~Hopi Indian Saying

No comments:

Post a Comment